She sure touched a lot of souls, didn’t she? She never really touched mine… I’ve always been contemptuous of celebs… but she never really shat on my soul either, the way so many Hollywood slobs do these days. Her music was part of the background noise of my life. When she spoke, I’d listen… which is not something I tend to do with just any old celeb. When you compare her to any number of old stubfart morons like Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young or Rob DiNero … yeah… she did alright. Some people get old and stupid and should just STFU. Others retain their class and gravitas right till the end.
I hope she is off to a great start in her next life.
****
I heard through the celeb sewers (that I try to ignore) that the sci-fi franchise of Star Trek is in deep trouble. Again.
The trouble - as per usual… is crappy screen writing. The story I have is that muppets are in charge of the spaceship now?
JFC. They have special effects and cinematic technologies that Gene Roddenberry could only dream about in the 1960s. On OyTube, fans are writing and producing amateur vids, literally for free. And this is the best they can do…? Who even writes this shit???
Oh… right…
But… whadda I know? Both Star Trek and Pigs In Space are kids’ shows, right? Maybe I should join Rob, Bruce and Neil - and stick my head down a toilet and flush a few times! If the little ones are getting something out of it… that’s all that matters.




No comments:
Post a Comment