Thursday, September 10, 2026

Filthie Science Theatre 3000 AD And Other Ass-Hattery

I think it’s actually called “Mystery Science Theatre 3000”? It stars some guy with a couple retarded robot muppets and they sit around watching horrible old sci-fi C or even D movies from ages past? The hosts sit in the movie theatre seats and throw popcorn at the movie screen, they slag the actors, the plots and themes from the days of The Old World Order? I’ve only ever seen clips of it on OyTube.



I’m watching “Beyond The Time Barrier” produced in 1960.
I’m only halfway through it but I intend to finish watching it when chores permit.

I’m also watching the “12 Monkeys” TV series which, I think, is a whored out version of a 1995 movie. Comparing and contrasting the two shows is the difference between night and day… but there’s so many similarities too. It is my conviction that there has been almost no new original thought in the scifi space since about the early 70s… maybe even the 60’s? Dystopian plague, time travel, rinse and repeat. If you choose to watch the old 60’s flick… around the 40 minute mark, the egghead scientist characters explain to Our Hero how his jet/rocket fighter plane attained the speed of light - and I was just smitten. Up your ass with your Relativity, Einstein! HAR HAR HAR!!! I suppose there were even elements of proto-shithouse-environMINTalism in it!!! But it was pitched as a sci-fi horror.

πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

I suppose sci-fi has always been “message fiction”. One of the big tropes was about how messing with the atom could have horrifying consequences in the future. So it goes for gene manipulation, eugenics, oddball social movements, etc. But… in the campy, corny old world movies, the message and scolding was at least sincere. Nowadays, the messaging is all fake and gay. Sci-fi has been hijacked by the queers, feminists, socialists, and other degenerates to polish turds for their preferred lifestyles, agendas and warped values. It’s so tiresome and disappointing.



This refreshing scifi movie just came out on Netflix and Prime.

“Signal One” is refreshing in that it at least tries to return to sci-fi roots, where the yarn is actually trying to tell a science based story rather than justifying fudge packing, cnuty girl boss feminism and other ass battery. It’s not a blockbuster or cinematic trail blazer… but it is fun… unlike the majority of repetitive and derivative gender slop being seen today.

****

Contemplating A Move…

I’ve tried to move away from Blogger before. I was catching flak from Community Terms And Conditions Nazis at Blogger for crimespeak and crime thought. I flipped the middle finger at the pig noses, the 425 lb. Tinkerbelles and other fairie folk, cancelled the blog and moved to Blab. I had a couple problems with Gab though - It didn’t allow me to format my stuff the way I wanted. The other was that the platform was a shit magnet for real, bonafide Nazis and lunatics. We’re talking guys that seriously propose to liquidate da joos, the vibrants, and gawd only knows who else. You can bet your arse that it was an FBI/CSIS/Interpol/etc honey pot for the three letter agencies. Not that I was afraid of them or the loons or anything… the rude and dirty jokes and memes were superb. The furtive and secretive mysterious M hangs out there with some of the other stubfarts. But… it didn’t feel like home, if ya know what I mean?

So… I came back here set up again… and started seriously looking for new digs that would respect free speech as Blab does… but with better blog functionality. And…I think I found it, maybe? I chit-poasted a couple trials and I personally like it. I’d appreciate it if you’d take a look - if you have the time?



A word up front to the retards and stubfarts: I will tolerate NO rude jokes or snide comments about my axe-related negligence stupidity retardation…Ughhh!!!!  Okay, alright!!!! Maybe I DO deserve a royal flush in the bloody terlet!! ! But… I don’t have to like it!!!
🀬

There is only one negative I’ve found with using Substack. At first you will get positively SPAMMED with lunatics like these:



And these


And these



And these





Etc. 

The good news is that the algorithm on Substack is pretty good. The secret is to start blocking the Usual Suspects without mercy. Follow and/or subscribe to guys like Art Sido, Matt Bracken, Yours Truly or any other stubfart talking head that pops up on your feed. The algorithm will start filtering out the sewage fairly quickly. So far I’ve had no problem with the censors and lunatics that infest the other platforms. In fact… I think I’ve fallen into the corner of the platform that the kids call “Chudstack”.  

I’m 80% convinced that I’m gonna move there. I’ll keep this blog open as a back up, maybe?  Let me know what ya think, if ya would.

****

Early Fall Needful Things




The first leaves are turning and falling. I haven’t smelled snow on the wind yet… but it’s coming. The hell of it all is that I ran out of firewood for the backyard pit and camping. I have the block house full of seasoned cut rounds… but I need to get off my arse and split them. I can’t swing an axe like I used to and I bought a cheapo electric splitter 100 years ago.



I an SO thankful for this appliance. I have low back issues but even so… I’ve easily split a couple chords over the years for ourselves, friends and family. It’s slow… but it’s a “tortoise and the hare” scenario. You might be able to swing an axe like Paul Bunyan but… for how long? I can do this all morning long and maybe a little bit more. Today I put up several wheelbarrows of split, seasoned firewood… and it’s time to soothe my aching back muscles.

 
Ahhhhhhh… is there anything better or more relaxing than a methane 
bubble bath?
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Well I hope y’all are keeping up with your chores, that you’re productive and useful… unlike me! The days are getting shorter and I’m told that Alberta is scrapping daylight savings time now? The spring ahead/fall behind thing never really bothered me personally but the whiners couldn’t stop bitching about it! So I guess I’ll be hanging out with my buddy Oskaar in Iceland this winter…



Take care, you guys - and I hope we’ll see ya next week.

Cheers!

Filthie

8 comments:

  1. No matter what (or where) you get time to post, I like it. If you move, I will attempt to keep up. About the buck, if you want another I have one about 40 years old laying in an old tool box. Get me an address and it's yours. I'll even pay for the shipping. I figure you will use it more than I will. FWIW I carry a 3-blade Old Timer. Close to the same age. (1rpmpalm at gmail dot com). Please blank the e-mail if you publish this) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...Iceland looks nice. If Substack is where yer goin' so am I. As life passes I find my need for your pearls of wisdom increasing daily. Keep up the good fight! Thanks for being here,

    ReplyDelete
  3. MST3K was a staple back in the day. Don’t remember the episode but there was a close up of a young lady with .., huge tracks of land. The comment was “This movie comes equipped with air bags”. You are obviously a man taste and distinction

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time between dumping the shrew and before I found a great lady to spend my time with, MST3K was my favorite entertainment. I did find though that a lot women look at that show through the same lens as The Three Stooges. I don't blame them though, I do the same when she turns on Lifetime Network and Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Follow ya anywhere man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Glen Filthie- your repositioning reminds me of a shithouse rat when the light comes on! For the rusty essentials, use the same stuff that BCE used on his Enfields.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an ancient 110, all brass bolster, only 3 pins, only one of them are steel. Also have a nice old 112. I have to be careful with cutlery, because I or Murphy will lose, misplace or allow to rust(!?). I've got 2 Eswings, one very nice and one with tape over destroyed leather. Got the ugly one at a yard sale for probably too much ($10?). I have two wire wheels, one almost removes steel, the other removes rust OK, it's fairly gentle. Tennessee may be the Land of the Free, but it's certainly the Land of Rust AND Corrosion. I've used up a couple wire wheels.
    Iceland is nice enough, spent a year there from 5/72-5/73. It was good, fun duty. I almost have survivor guilt because of the shit and misery the grunts went through in SE Asia.
    When I got there, it was light all the time. The sun would rise (about a foot and a half) in the S SE, travel several yards to the west and set, so ya had a few hours of evening, then a lot of dark.
    The weather winter was better than Kansas, my previous duty station, because it was at the end of the Gulf Stream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool doggo and LOL at Canada military. I can't wait for big jackets and layers of clothes. My wombat (combat) boots are waiting.

    ReplyDelete