Monday, July 29, 2024

Home… It’s Good To Be Back

 


I haven’t flown in two years. I got out my trusty single-engined Twinstar, charged up the radio and all the batteries. At the field the prop spun one or two revolutions and the little engine caught and roared into life after two years of languishing on the wall down in the Reclusium.  I logged to flights today, doing gentle aerobatics and getting the feel of the controls. The little plane is faster and twitchier than I remember but it’s starting to come back.  The landings were straight forward despite the wind and drama free. Thos little OS 0.46 engines are truly bullet proof. 

My arch enemies at Stubfart Airfield were there too with their beater airplanes. I was especially happy to see Ol’ Ron. That geezer flies nothing but an electric foamy Cessna. He’s flown it for the last 5 years I’ve known him. 15,000 logged flights…and it’s still going. He was disappointed to learn of the passing of Mort and Macey. They were minor celebs at the field back in their day. 

It’s time for me to step up though. These little glow engines are fine but I now need a gasser…something with a 20 or 30cc engine. I would really like something that runs well on the milder winter days. I’m gonna have to take Hannah out to meet the guys soon. Might drag the trailer out and do some evening and early morning ops too.

I have been away far too long.

😊👍


1 comment: