Friday, July 5, 2024

Filthie’s Friday Philharmonic Phonograph: Snoose Newton


Ka-chick ka-chick ka-chick…huff, puff… Ka-chick ka-chick ka-chick

Ka-chick ka-chick ka-chick… grunt…

Gimme I second whilst I wind up this high tech rave machine everyone!!! 

This toon goes all the way back to the days when our records were cut on waxed toilet paper tubes…
Our music was hissy and scratchy and we LIKED it that way, you
young chits!




Time was not kind to Snoose and she’s largely
returned to obscurity … but there are much worse things old celebs to suffer from.
But in my youth, she was the background noise in that
wonderful time of life.

5 comments:

  1. Good tune. Always irritates me to hear that Dindu Shaggy song that rips it off.

    Sorry, SAMPLES it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair I think that toon was originally done in 1968 by some chick I can no longer remember…

      Delete
  2. She used to regularly play out here at a little obscure gambling town called Jackpot Nevada, it’s basically a place where old has-been musicians go to die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she wasn’t really a big player in the Top 40 stuff. By the mid 80s I think she was pretty much gone…

      Delete