Friday, June 7, 2024


Hrrrrmmmm. I was able to find Glendronach ages ago. Back before the world went bananas. I’d shot a little whitetail buck, we had him hung up with the hide off. My father in law was in his glory as he fussed about the camp stove on the truck tailgate. He bought the steaks, special cut. I bought the bottle and the cigars. On these trips Doug refused to worry about cholesterol, blood pressure, or his health. It is probably one of the best memories I have. 

I know the stuff I bought was probably 12~15 years old… and maybe it was just a good day…but I remember that whisky going down like ambrosia. I don’t drink anymore, haven’t bought a bottle in 6 years… but if I were to break my streak… I might do it with a bottle of this.
 

1 comment:

  1. My 21st birthday present to myself was a bottle of Bowmore and a crystal single malt scotch goblet.

    ReplyDelete