Friday, October 25, 2024

A Klick Too Far…

About a month back the Niglet and I set out to eat right and just burn a few more calories with light exercise. Walking is like anything else, you have to build up a base line and you have to be smart about it. You have to get out and push some days and follow that up with a recovery day, and show up for maintenance days. We’ve been at it for a month and have made decent progress. My baseline is ten clicks - or 6 miles. We can do that pretty much every day at the drop of a hat, no problem. 

Yesterday we decided to push it and go for 15 km. We crapped out at 14.7. Technically we failed but only by 300m. We’re gonna call it a win anyway. The pup is pooched, and so am I for today.



It’s terrible. I was just going to take a load off for a bit and then get up and do chores. But the Niglet climbed up, snuggled in and started to snore… and I did too! 😑

Two hours later my morning’s shot and I’m just waking up! Despicable!!!

But…it’s a start. I hope you guys are being productive because we sure aren’t! HAR HAR HAR! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘


No comments:

Post a Comment