Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Perhaps The ONLY Russian Gun Worthy Of Merit

 


I’ve said it before. If they legalized open carry in Canada - I’d only do it for fun and I’d regard the sidearm as a fashion accessory. I’d pack a modern BBQ gun, or a worthy antique like a rakish Luger, or swanky Mauser broom handle. Dunno about the Wobbley Webleys… maybe the oh-so-stylish WL Emery could rock that look… but I couldn’t.

Now I’m looking at this Russian and…by Godfrey, the more I look at it, the more smitten I get!   A hexagonal barrel? On a pistol? It doesn’t get any more classically Russian than that! There’s almost a “steam-punkish” look to it…

Christmas is coming up, and if anyone is feeling generous - pristine artifacts only, please! 😂👍

No Glocks! 😡

7 comments:

  1. I live in an (supposedly) open carry state. I carry around an M1951 Beretta and three extra magazines. I has the cool Beretta cut open slide, Italian navy markings, produced around 1957/58 and it's unique enough to make me stand out a little to the gun guys around here. Didn't hurt my feelings it only cost me $250 American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are right. Its British not Russian.

      Delete
  3. Ah the Nagat. Seven shots not six, and the only revolver that can be silenced.

    I see you too are a man of culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gun Harry Callahan could appreciate, "punk, did I fire 5 or did I fire six..."

      Delete
  4. I thought it was a Nagant. Would love to have one if they can still be found. Surely there are still some dusty armories in Smolensk that have not been explored yet.

    My Moisin hex barrel came in a sealed case with cosmoline an inch thick. I don't think the rifle had been fired since packed at the factory. Should have bought the whole case instead of a single rifle, they were 49.95 each back then, sigh! The sin of young person poverty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. British Webley Fosbery Model 1903 semi automatic revolver.
    Nagant's are also cool. As Tanfj said, the only revolver that can accept a silencer. (the wheel moves forward when it's cocked and then fired, creating a seal between the cylinder and barrel).

    ReplyDelete