Thursday, September 19, 2024

Gettin’ To Be That Time A Year…




 

The stubfarts out here are laying in their supplies. Years ago I bought a small electric log splitter because my back isn’t up for extended workouts with an axe… and I just fell in love with it. In a short duration sprint, in my younger days, I could probably beat the log splitter with an axe. But with a log splitter I can go all day long. And lord - I love how the splitter can take on those nigger head logs and go through them with ease. I got into some elm once - and the damned axe just bounced off them. The only way we could split those things was with wedges, sledges…and high octane road rage!

I used to think the smoke and the flames were worth the work but time and age have gotten the better of me now. I don’t care where the heat comes from as long as it’s there…




2 comments:

  1. The bottom picture of the woodshed is a man that has OCD and is anal retentive! No redneck is that organized and meticulous in his wood stacking.

    ReplyDelete