Sunday, July 21, 2024

“Turbulence” Eh?

 


Ehhhhh… I don’t think ‘turbulence’ is the biggest
problem they gotta worry about on this flight…

And speaking of monkeys at the controls of aircraft… I think I’m gonna get back into RC flying again. I rage-quit a year ago when the Turdo gubbimint came up with a butt load of new regs that predictability drove everyone out of the hobby. Ya gotta pass a gubmint pilot’s test. Ya gotta register ya planes. Ya gotta keep flight logs. Ya gotta report accidents and log repairs. Ya gotta stick your finger up ya arse, and do the hokey-pokey…

🤬

But … I talked to some of the guys at stubfart airfield. Turns out the test is all online and only costs ten bucks. Predictably there’s all kinds of non related material ya gotta know that has nothing to do with RC planes and most of it relates to drones. Nobody’s going to do any of it, of course. No one is enforcing it. The idea is that if you’re flying a drone and do something stupid, and someone gets hurt…they now have the legal machinery in place to throw the book at you.

So… long story short, I acquiesced. I wrote the exam and got 87. (Pass is 65%). I now have a newly minted RPAS cert (Remotely Piloted Aicaft Systems)… and can legally fly again. Oh thank goodness we have another tax payer funded bureaucracy in place to administer this idiocy, eh?





I’ve got two birds down in the Reclusium that have never been flown. I built the Turd Bird above two years ago. I now have skin on it and the engine in and it’s ready to go. I also have a beautiful scale model of a Hawker Sea Fury that I just didn’t have the confidence to fly. It was silly…but I was having so much fun with a heavily modified single-engined Twin Star that I never got round to it… 

I miss Stubfart Airfield itself. The guys were great…but the field itself was beautiful.




My last early fall walk with Mort. 
The field had been socked in with fog, with massive
flocks of geese glurting and calling out in the mists… and Mort and I walked the perimeter 
patiently waiting for the fog to lift. That was the year
we lost Macey and Mort was still broken up about it. It takes a lot of beauty, time
and tranquility to dispel sorrow.





These were the last pics before I quit. I was going to sell my planes and radio and flight box… but I never did. Now… I’m kinda glad. It’s time to get back in the air. We live in a glorious new age where monkeys fly, and it’s time for me to take my rightful place in the skies too.

Y’all keep an eye peeled for falling wreckage - and have a great Sunday.

Cheers!

Filthie


7 comments:

  1. "I acquiesced"

    Pussy... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I file a complaint from way down here that white stubfarts are flying illegal Immelmanns, rolls and excessive spins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can, Cederq…but nobody will care! 😂👍

      Delete
  3. Hope you've gotten some two wheeler flights in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh… it’s so bloody hot right now… even on the bike…

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear about it Glen. I've been wondering what happened to the tales from the reclusium about RC. Looking forward to reports from the field too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to get back to priorities here, Greg! 😂👍

      Delete