Monday, July 8, 2024

Heat Wave

 

Dear gawd… it’s +30C out. The Niglet and I are roasting. She wants to go for a walk but she just dies in that sun. I dunno how the Yanks do it. I think tomorrow I’m going to put the sprinkler out tomorrow and dance around in it in the nude.

I hope they send poor JL to arrest me. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

We only get weather like this for two or three weeks a year so I never got AC installed. Fortunately if it gets too hot, I can spare the police my PTSD inspiring nudity and just go downstairs in to the cool gloom of the Reclusium. I’ve got some reloading to do anyways…

5 comments:

  1. I assure you I've seen FAR worse in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that is the aurora buttialous we saw here below the 45th parallel! For gawd sakes please think of your neighbors and the dogs! Also slip it into Fahrenheit so us yanks can understand how hot or cold, Celsius is a commie plant to take over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dog has a black coat as well. It appears to soak up full sunlight easily. Take breaks in the shade at least every half hour (especially on pavement. Touch your hand on payment to determine if too hot for its feet) I stick to dog walking either early morning or late evening hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I've got some reloading for you too, just some boring old 6.5x55 Swede.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things have been worse. I didn't have A/C growing up; I didn't even have a fan. You drink water where you can find it and keep going.

    ReplyDelete