Sunday, May 26, 2024

I Still Have The Odd Dream Like This…


 

I still have this dream once in awhile. I am in Elysium. Soft breezes. Trees, trails, a small dirt bike or enduro with a tank full of gas. For me it is the setting for spiritual perfection. I wake from these dreams disoriented and confused. Going from a state of complete contentment to wakeful reality is jarring. In Elysium your wife is young and beautiful, nothing hurts or aches and doing your business is clean, easy and fast. Best of all is that you still have a sense of wonder, and can live in the moment.

7 comments:

  1. Keep the text as-is, but replace the photo with something from Road Warrior or Death Wish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dream like that occasionally. On a single lane road I am being driven to an ambiguous point and dropped off. It's an old truck with a bench seat and I cannot see the driver as I watch the scenery. There is a gate in the fence and a path leading off into the mountains in the distance. The path is double, like tire tracks and consists of white gravel in the short grass. I know there is a home for me at the end of the trail. I heft a small backpack and start walking. As I walk a peace, I cannot really explain comes over me and... that's as far as the dream goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the part about nothing hurts or aches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that on my Rokon!

    Chutes Magoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an old friend that had one of those. He invented and developed the cotton module system. Had a really nice arrowhead collection. He made his money, sold his business. Had a stroke sitting in DFW airport. Lost his vision. Good old man. A real mover and shaker.

      Delete