Saturday, April 27, 2024

Anyone Reload 5.7x28?

 Hrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm......



Y'know I am a HUGE fan of that HK MP7 with its spunky little proprietary cartridge. For the military guys it's a big win... but for the gun clubbing stubfart... I dunno. My philosophy is that if I can't reload for it, I won't own it (with the obvious exception of the .22) 

Near as I can tell the 5.7x28 is a half step ahead of the .22 magnum. I’m hearing that most commercial cases are varnished and that cleaning the fired cases for reloading is a bear. But if you can overcome those difficulties the thing might have some merit for the disgruntled, supposedly disarmed tax paying citizen … if ya catch my drift. There’s some really cool options out there too.


If my gubbimint ever DOES manage to disarm me… the first thing I’m doing is going down to the US to procure replacements. It’s a fun mental exercise. I really like that AR version that Larry is playing with… but I absolutely LOVE the PS90 squirt guns. 

With any luck at all Turdo La Doo gets canned in the next election and his idiot gun grab goes with him. If that is the way things go…maybe this one can wait for the next lifetime? I’m good either way.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sitting on several thousand rounds of 556 and many hundreds of rounds of 45 long colt (I know, odd combination). Last thing I need is one more fricking caliber to deal with.

    I have figured out you can kinda reload .380 (my wife's pistol) with 9 mm dies. So there's that. She don't shoot enough to matter, but if push came to shove I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have Dominion voting machines, then you voat is an exercise in futility, same as ours. Keep stacking, you can have faith in hard assets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are documents about, on how to reload .22lr, including chemistry for priming, and neat tricks for "uncrimping", though the later isn't *strictly* necessary. Price is gonna have to go up alot more before it makes sense, but the paranoid procure the resources *before* the anticipated loss of 'supply' or rise of 'demand'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That PSA clone in 5.7 is currently made of Unobtainum...PSA isn't actually producing it.

    ReplyDelete