Monday, June 29, 2026

 


Let’s get this week started off right! With some vigorous exercise! πŸ‘

Well it’s been a helluva week round here. The rain’s been pounding down. The Menacing Moat around Dawg Island flooded and folks with property adjacent to it got flooded or were sand bagging. It was pretty sketchy a couple days ago.



It was better yesterday morn; we did 4 miles at the crack of dawn and got soaked right through. The pups loved it and we got some flood fun elsewhere that required the Niglet and I to wade, and Fergus to actually swim. I haven’t seen water like this in a long time and it feels great. The pups loved getting soaked too.


 I had to laugh… I’m growing tobacco again this year and the wife bought me what she thought was a shredder. I it obviously isn’t - but I’m wondering what the hell it actually is?





It’s obviously a grinder of some sort…? It’ll fit in the palm of your hand. It’s about an 1-1/2” tall, same diameter. I’m pretty sure it’s not a coffee grinder; they tend to be much bigger. Maybe it’s for spices of some kind? If you know… wouldjya let me know in the comments? 

****

FFS. Here we go again. B17 “909” - a priceless artifact from WW2 - goes down killing half the people on it.



An 82 year old aircraft. A 75 year old pilot in command, and a 71 year old copilot. What could possibly go wrong?

Look - I get it, alright? Round engines, four of ‘em. Mystique, romance, nostalgia - all of it. I’m an aviation fanboy, got the membership card, the secret decoder ring and slid whistle. But… good lord. Retire these old aircraft. They’ve done their duty. They deserve a prominent spot in our halls and gathering places to finally rest. And putting fuggin geezers in the cockpit? AND in charge of maintenance? This is criminal negligence. I don’t care if the players mean well, they’re getting people killed, and they’re destroying our aviation heritage. 

None of it should have happened.

****    

Welp… other things tick me off too, but at least I can do something about this one: when I was a kid I could strop a blade so you could shave with it! Nowadays I can’t sharpen a blade worth shite! It’s infuriating!!!

A random OyTube came up the other day and the fella was comparing whetstones. And woukdn’t ya know it? My stones are all cheapo’s that cost 20~30 dollars - and they weren’t worth half that! When I was a kid I had a hard Arkansas stone…I got it for Christmas and it cost as much as the knife I got with it.    

Anyhoo… the Oytuber recommended one of these:




It’s a diamond sided 325/1200 grit stone, no oil required, never has to be faced… and should hopefully get me back to razor sharp blades once and for all. I’ll letchya know how it goes.

Hope you guys are having a great summer!

Thanks for popping in.

Filthie




16 comments:

  1. Dewp grinder.

    Chutes Magoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grinder looks like the ones I have seen for cannabis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That, my friend is a grinder for marijuana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fine marijuana bud grinder you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a worksharp sharpener. After the 8000 grit belt, you'll be able to shave with your blade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already got the stone, A. All the kitchen knives are stropped up and shaving sharp. Now I got some beat to hell camp and hunting knives to do… and we’ll see how they go…

      Delete
  6. nice weed grinder you got there Filthie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grinder is a bud chopper for use before rolling a joint. I originated on the left coast we know these things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a weed grinder to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a kitchen grinder for spices, nuts, herbs, etc.
    https://www.bobshop.co.za/artisanal-reliable-efficient-40mm-heavy-duty-metal-grinder-with-for-kitchen-use/p/684512277

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must be the only guy in the world that has no interest in pot! When I was a kid, if it came around at parties I’d take a polite puff and pass it on. My attitude is if yer dumb enough to smoke… smoke something decent! A good stoagie… maybe a mellow Virginia blend…? Like… what kind of herbivore degenerate smokes a fuggin weed?

    The black powder rifle geeks that used to hang out at my rod and gun club were the worst. They’d get out their “period-correct” clay pipes after a shoot and smoke something called “kinnikinnick” and it had shit like lawn grass, strawberry plant leaves and maybe even a little tobacco in it and gawd only knows what else.

    Mind you… I open up the news on the computer every marnin… and maybe I SHOULD smoke pot after all…
    πŸ₯΄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People react, somewhat or a lot differently to medicine. Same with cannabis. Some strains make you (the royal "you") couch-lock, stupid. Some can make you relaxed AND extra aware. Some motivates you creatively. Some can give patience and calmness to people with chronic impatience and twitchiness. Then there is everything in between. I know people that opiates don't deal with their chronic, sometimes, debilitating pain. Pot can give them relief that nothing else can. It doesn't last long, 30 to 90ish minutes, with little or nothing in the way of after effects.
      Of course there's no shortage near comatose pot heads out there, but NOBODY goes on a murderous rage on pot. There ARE druggies and alcoholics, that also smoke pot and do terrible things. Potheads aren't in that group. I graduated high school in '69 and lived in So. Cal. until moving to Tennessee in '15. I got a big lesson working in the shipyards in San Diego. There were 4 categories, strait, alcoholics, meth heads and pot smokers. Straights and potheads were ok, the other 2, you tried to stay away from, so, I have some experience on the subject. That's because I'm Foghorn Leghorn, a loud mouthed schnook, know-it-all, just to blow my own horn.

      Delete
  11. I embrace entropy. I'm all for letting people take chances with it (and Murphy). All these warbirds are owned by trusts or rich guys, Freedom of Choice and Free Will, doncha know. If taxpayers are funding it, static display is good with me. Some decades back, we had a number of Confederate Air Force birds living at Gillespie Field in El Cajon, Ca., my hometown. They would fly around our area of East County, on the days leading up to an air show. We were far enough away from Miramar Naval Air Station and heavily populated areas, that they could fly whenever they wanted, it was awesome. I've been gone since Jan., '15, no idea what's going on these days.
    Just did a Gargle Maps look. There's a 3 or 4 warbirds in the General Aviation part of the airport. At the North East corner, there is the San Diego Air and Space Museum, with about a dozen birds.
    Within a 5 mile radius of the airport, there are so many, xlnt, hole-in-the-wall Mexican food joints, that it would take a few months to hit them all, just a side bonus. I'd still be there if it weren't for the Commie, Satanic rulers in Sacramento.
    I've gotten lazy on sharpening my in old age. I've got more sharpening stones than I know what to do with. SO, I'm now using a miniature belt sander for knives. It adjusts from too little angle, to too much angle. Has a half dozen, different grit belts to choose from. Works super, especially if you need to change an edge angle. I finish with crock sticks.
    I had a long winded commentary for your last posting, but decided I'd said too much, so deleted it. Too much, alleged, truth can get you "noticed". Self censoring is a good indication the Satanic, Commies are doing their job well.
    I appreciate your efforts at keeping public dialogue alive and us amused/bemused.

    ReplyDelete



  12. “Meet Scarlett Gillespie, a candidate for mayor in Hamilton, Ontario.
    https://x.com/libsoftiktok/status/2071434935198511251
    He pretends to be a woman and uses a sock puppet in his speeches. Canada is a circus,” Libs of TikTok wrote in the post with the video.
    Canada is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like something to grind nutmeg

    ReplyDelete

  14. You’re 8X more likely to die of diarrhea in India home of poo faced street shitters
    https://revolver.news/2026/06/youre-8x-more-likely-to-die-of-diarrhea-in-india-than-be-killed-by-a-gun-in-america/
    than be killed by a gun in America.

    ReplyDelete