Friday, August 9, 2024

OS Engines: Whores. Fornicators. SINNERS!!!!!

 Well I am just fuggin STOKED with road rage here at Castello Di La Filthie. I am trying to dismantle a tiny nitro engine that I'd like to install on the Turd Bird to give it a little more jam for aerobatics. The operation should be straight forward and simple... but alas.



I gave him a bloody downvoat - that's how pished I am!!!! "Getting the piston out is a little bit fiddly so I did it off camera....". The stupid twat entitled his crappy vid "Piston Removal"!!! Thanks a bunch, McFly! I am on my own. All I can find on the innernet is that this particular little engine is a choad chugging WHORE to try and get the piston out of. Well thanks for that too you fuggin retards!! Most helpful, don'tchya know!!!

🤬




I soaked this POS in Varsol overnight and tried again - NOPE. I got as much Varsol off the engine as I could and now I am baking it in the old lady's oven at 400F to get some heat on it. (Thankfully she is away at the church summer camp and I can get away with such things while she is gone! HAR HAR HAR! HAR HAR HAR! But! The kitchen smells like a garage now…hopefully the smell’s gone before she gets home…😬) 

All I can say is it better work - or I will pound this thing FLAT in a stubfart fuelled rage rampage!!!

Ya know... if I heard it once, I heard it a dozen times. "Kids these days have no mechanical aptitude...". Usually it's some thumb fingered retard tradesman with turd for brains saying it. My dad said it to me all the time as a kid. It hurt then but looking back on it - and at the other assholes saying it to kids these days...if your student has no aptitude - whose fault is that, exactly? The worst are those old f-tards that said "I just figured it out on my own...". Like hell you did! Most of you couldn't graduate from high school! Not to besmirch your talent... but jeez Louise. My dad could suss out engine problems by the sense of smell and sound. I ain't kidding - I saw him do it countless times. There were the stumpers of course - and he wasn't daunted by them in the least. Engines that required a tear down were dismantled, evaluated and refurbed. Pop's philosophy was always, "Now that we're in here... we may as well do the job right and sort out ALL the gremlins!" He'd go after bearings, bits and bobs that he didn't like and replace them too. Others he wouldn't even look at because he could somehow tell they were pooched and he knew they weren’t worth the hassle.

The point I’m trying to make is - cut the bullchit. If the kids don’t have the natural talent they have to learn it. The cat ladies, the cankles and the girl bosses running the public education system aren’t going to teach your sons shit. And thinking of that…they probly are even worse role models for your daughters. It’s on you to teach them. If you don’t…no one else will. And then they’ll end up floundering when they’re adults…like I am now. I can see my dad up in heaven, looking down and doing the face/palm thing as I struggle. He worked on everything from jet engines on down and I’m sure my efforts probably shame him. I’d reply that had he taken the time… I could have been as good a mechanic as he was. But like all good, successful tradesmen…time was at a premium. He had so many fish to fry, that taking the time to teach us would literally double the amount of time it took to fix the problem on his own. That is valid too… but if somebody doesn’t step up, take ownership and responsibility … and address this… it’s only going to get worse. 

NB 

Heat did the trick! I got it out!!! 


I got the piston off the crank! But! The damned rear bearing is stuck on the shaft and doesn’t want to budge… maybe it cooled off and seized up again? Would another heat session get it, do ya think? Any advice from the experts are truly appreciated! 

Cheers, 

Filthie
 

9 comments:

  1. 100% ! It takes 3 times longer to finish something if you gotta explain it to some kid while doing it. Sometimes it's worth the time, sometimes it ain't. With my own kids I'd take them out to the garage, get them started, then I'd wander off and drink a beer. 30 minutes later I'd go back and see how much trouble they were in before showing them how to finish. My thinking was if they don't suffer some, they won't appreciate the learning.

    No real ideas on your dilemma. I've done stuff with a butane torch to apply heat to one little area without getting everything else hot - sometimes that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will come off if it is liquid
    Fitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. If heat doesn't work try the opposite - something like Crc Freeze-Off - and try the removal again when the parts come back to room temperature.
    --Some Dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heat oughta do it; it was prob’ly a press fit to start with. When ya reassemble, put the shaft assembly in the freezer & the bearing in the oven for a bit. That’ll expand the bearing & contract the shaft. Should slip right into place for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curious - Why are you trying to dismantle the engine? Did it not work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would turn, McC…but only with difficulty. I think it goy gunked up on the inside… and now that I have it fully apart…there is a LOT of crud in it…

      Delete
  6. Most steels don't start to loose tensile strength from temp until over 650F. Once your over that temp depending on the steel you can change properties depending on how you cool it and how hot it got. So generally using heat to loosen stuff is safe if below 650F.

    Exile1981

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heat and cold for stuck parts, but keep it below 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While you're waiting for the parts to heat up and cool down, formulate some kind of semi-intelligent plan that explains why the kitchen and the oven smell funny.

    ReplyDelete