Thursday, July 25, 2024

Accurate

 



No chit. It seems that way for every company I ever worked for. They have their inner core of people who have “worked’ there forever, and basically do as little as possible and they’ll probably work there for life. They go home on time, they get all their lunches and coffee breaks.

The other half of the people there run around like chickens with their heads cut off, they work until they burn out or get frustrated and quit, and there is a revolving door set up for them. When they get fired or quit, some other schmuck gets parachuted in and the process starts again. 

3 comments:

  1. I used to work with some people that had been at the same job for 50 years. 50 YEARS? It was there only job in life. They get a plaque when they finally retired. No thanks. I left after 16 years. Even that was too long to pretend I was busy at my job. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent about 3/4 of my career as the first type, working my ass off and trying to do right, get noticed, get promoted, etc. Unfortunately I have a gift of speaking my mind at the exact wrong moment and pretty much burned up all my chances of getting beyond where I'm at now (which ain't bad, BTW, just that I know I topped out early).

    After getting burned out, I didn't quit. I just became the first type mentioned. I show up on time, I take my breaks, I leave on time. I do as little as possible but where it counts, I step in and take over. I'm a walking encyclopedia for the process technology and generally considered indispensable by rotating management that comes in, knows nothing, relies on me for info, then rotates out again so fast I generally never learn their names.

    My plan is to work as little as possible for the next 4 years and quietly take my retirement, and if the company doesn't like it they can fuck right the fuck off. I spent an ungodly amount of extra hours, weekends, holidays, etc. out there taking care of shit when I was younger for zero recognition. So me coasting the last couple of years on the payroll is fair, IMO. Just saying, some of the goof-offs have their reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An entrepreneur friend called his business an adult daycare

    ReplyDelete